Monday, August 22, 2011

My brave girl

Oceana went to the dentist for the first time last week. Yah, I know, she should have gone two years ago. Leave me alone. And it became apparent she had two small cavities.

So this morning she went in for her first two fillings. She was a nervous wreck. I may have helped that long - but I was trying to prepare her for what to expect (since she's usually the question queen). My neighbor did a better job of explaining it (without scaring the daylights out of her), and Daddy just said, "She'll be fine!" I've never had a filling. So in my case, fear of the unknown was sort of jumping off me and onto Oceana.

Oops, sorry kiddo.

Turned out they didn't need to do an injection. Since when do they do fillings without injections!??! And she didnt' flinched. Hopped in the chair, hugged her Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in my arm, and rocked on like a little rockstar. Wow, she did amazing!

Just goes to show me. I'm a scaredy cat. And my daughter's pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment