Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hey Be Strong & Courageous readers, allow me to introduce my friend Kristin! She's a pretty awesome chick - she's an elementary school teacher in NYC and she's an avid runner. Kristin's got an awesome opportunity, and she's reached out to me and a friend, hoping to reach a larger audience through blogging.

Dear Friend,

I want to share exciting news: I’m running the 2011 ING New York City Marathon!


Although running a marathon is an incredible goal, I have an even greater goal to accomplish. I am running with Team World Vision, dedicating my race to finding sponsors for 26 children living in poverty. In light of the challenging marathon training schedule, I know that training with this purpose in mind will keep me going. Would you be interested in joining me by sponsoring a child, providing them with opportunities that they are severely lacking?

As a child sponsor, you will be connected with one special child who will know your name, write to you and feel your support every day. The cost of sponsoring a child is $35 a month, about $1 a day. Your monthly sponsorship gift will provide a child with necessities such as:

· Clean water

· Nutritious food

· Health care

· Educational opportunities

· Spiritual nurture

My husband and I recently became child sponsors to a 3rd grade girl in Uganda named Prisko. Through World Vision, we are able to send her letters and emails, letting her know that someone in America cares about her life and well being.

Will you consider supporting me by becoming a child sponsor through World Vision? You can sign up to make a tax-deductible donation one of two ways:

  1. Speak with me and I will be able to connect you with a child to sponsor.
  2. Visit my webpage to sign up online by emailig me for the website address link: kristinannm@gmail.com

Your donation will make a significant difference: it will impact the lives of children around the world AND encourage me to make it to the finish line!

Thank you for your generosity,

Kristin Miller

PS: You can learn a lot more about Team World Vision at www.teamworldvision.org.


You can follow THIS link to the donate page at World Vision to do it all online.

No comments:

Post a Comment