Sunday, January 10, 2010

A weekend away

***I have just discovered this saved draft from the 23rd of November. Hmm... Oops. Well, you can read it now... :D***

Hahaha, well NaBloPoMo is shot to bits now... I've missed waaaay too much to even consider myself a good NaBloPoMo'er anymore. That's okay. I still like the reminder that I should blog more than once a month. :)

This last weekend we took off to New Plymouth, in the Taranaki. It's really beautiful over there. It was very cool to see the Tasman Sea again, I haven't seen it in ages - probably since the last time I was in the 'Naki about 7 years ago. Mt Egmont was beautiful as ever, at least it was when we saw it. We were blessed with rain for most of the three days we were there, but that's okay.
Taranaki12

We went over to join the YWAM New Zealand Ship Tour - the Pacific Link "our" [Marine Reach's ship] is visiting 8 ports around New Zealand. People can come aboard and have a free tour, as well as talk to people about getting involved in the ship ministry, or missions in general. There's many other things going on - like Youth Connection Teams in schools, and JUMP rallies in each port - but I know the tour part, since that's the part we're connected with.
taranaki port

Matt, Oceana, Naomi and I went down for 3 days, since New Plymouth is the closest of the ports [minus 1] and got to be involved with the Tour. We manned the "staging" area, where people came and jumped on a bus to go through port security. It was a good spot for us too, indoors [rain, remember?] and plenty of room for Oceana to run around. It was also neat that we got to hang out with the DTS, the group of young people Matt went to Indonesia with. I had missed the girls, in particular!

2 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! We are visiting NZ in March and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some beautiful pictures! Wow! I can't believe it's been 2 years already since I visited New Zealand. Those are wonderful memories.

    Mom Sams

    ReplyDelete