Monday, March 16, 2009

NOT ME MONDAY


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

It begged to be done this week.

Really - it begged me. I started to read MckMama's version of Not Me Monday this morning and realised as I was reading that I was compiling a list of things I "did not" do this week. So, even though it's been a long time since I've done it, I thought I'd jump back into this free therapy session!

I did not have contractions on Friday night while driving home. I did not freak out and think to myself, "But I can't have the baby tonight!" I did not think about pulling over the car and waiting them out. I did not just drive home and get inside as quick as possible. I did not pee and stop having contractions. I did not see my belly fall from the released pressure.

I did not work 6 hours on Friday night, putting together bouquets and floral arrangements for a wedding and coordinating a wedding rehearsal.

I did not get home at 8pm and head back out at 8:30am the next morning. I did not work the ship farewell from 8:30 - 1:00 and then the wedding from 2:00 to 10:00. I did not stay on my feet most of the day. I did not get swollen feet. I did not tell my newest addition that she wasn't allowed to come until Monday. I did not mean this with all my heart and soul! I did not pee only once during the wedding. I had more time on my hands than that.

I did not get up several times in the night on Saturday and Sunday because a certain nearly-3-year-old was sick. I did not give in to her whining and crying and sleep in her bed for the night. I did not suffer for that decision at all. I am not still recovering in the sleep department.

I did not get a friend up in arms thinking I was in labor when I referred to pain on my Facebook status. I did not forget to reference that the hip pain was normal and not an indicator of labor.

I am not telling this baby that if she's not coming in the next day she has to wait until next Monday since her Daddy is away for 5 days.

I am not absolutely fine with Matt taking off to Invercargill for the weekend for a training session at work. I am not telling him to go ahead, believing that this baby won't budge before next Monday.

I did not freak out a bit when my midwife said, "Here's your appointment for next week, if you make it."

I do not plan to clean my entire house so that I can stop worrying about going into labor in a dirty house. I am not procrastinating on getting it clean.

I do not have a 90 degree angle belly that will not let the maternity pants stay up.

I have not decided to live in exercise pants, elastic waists, and anything else that doesn't bind. I do not look like a scarecrow. I do not care that I went to the office yesterday in a tunic top, worn out yoga pants, and flip flops.

I am not still working. Nope. Not me! I'm sitting at home waiting for this baby...



5 comments:

  1. Your 'not me' is a hoot.

    A week from Wednesday...
    that's my day. The 25th I am rooting for you.

    ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I remember that feeling right at the end!!! I am a lurker but have been reading your blog for a while! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! This is fantastic! Who is McMamma?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your NMM blog! You really know how to make me smile!
    Here's hoping that flipflop decides to wait until Monday to make her debut!
    Cheers to you! Keep your chin up! You are on the home stretch now! Keep us posted!
    (((HUGS)))
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alrighty then Ms. Susie....
    You are an inspiration to us all.LOLOLOL You hang in there. Prayers will be that baby holds on till daddy gets back. I do understand that concept. Mine was 6 weeks early and daddy met her at 8 weeks...... NOT the ideal first baby scenario. You normally like the one there who helped out in the miracle of this child. :) Prayers will be lifted up and you will be just fine.

    God bless and I hope Oceana feels better and mommy doesn't get sick.

    Clean away momma, Clean away.

    Sonja - Fl

    ReplyDelete