Sunday, June 22, 2008

Question:

The reasons we thought Joshua was blind and/or deaf....

* He didn't follow us or react to us being near him, unless we made something move or touched him


* He didn't react to us waving our hands in front of his face (really closely, where someone would normally blink)


* He was startled by a camera flash once, but never again.

* He was startled by thunder once, but never again.

* He never turned his head when we called his name.

* A friend of ours who was doctor told us that because of the way his brain had grown backwards, instead of upwards, it was most likely that his optical nerves had been damaged or were no longer connected. The same went for his hearing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susie,
    I wasn't going to comment here as I see that no one else has, but I keep coming back and reading what you said about thinking Joshua was blind and/or deaf. And if this is the case, then his senses of touch, smell and taste were so heightened. He felt your love in every touch, smelled those who loved him and tasted you in his milk. Pure love and such safety for this little boy. I know that the moment he left you, he opened his eyes and saw Jesus, and he heard Him say "well done my little warrior." From glory to glory, and back to glory is how I see Joshua's life, and this is huge. I miss him as I am sure you do every day. What a sweet blessing your baby boy is.

    Love you girl, Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete