Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Oceana


That's the face of my 2 year old


Cheeky


Adventurous


Stunning (Thanks Hope for assisting in the gorgeousness)

Oceana was born 6 days ahead of her due date on 11 April 2006. I had gotten a bad allergic reaction called PUPPP rash. My lower body broke out in hives and I was miserable. I was induced (PUPPP won't go away until your pregnancy hormones slow down). We got up early that morning - 5am. My hospital was an hour away and we had to be there by 7am. My waters were broken at 8am and I got an hour and a half to see if I'd go into labor naturally. There was no such luck and they put me on a pitocin (syntocin) drip around 9:30. I think they tried to take me off of it at some point, but I slowed down again. Matt went out for some food around noon and when he came back the room was set up for delivery. He thought he had missed it. He says he thought in his mind, "Susie is going to kill me!" ... and he'd have been right! During transition I lost it and coudldn't deal with the pain anymore, so I asked for an injection of Nubain. Ick. No good - got loopy, felt everything, and fell asleep between contractions (made it feel like one continuous contraction).
Around 1:45pm I started pushing and she was born at 1:58pm.
7lbs 11oz 20" long. Bald with blue eyes. Big feet like her brother.

She got jaundiced, but we never had to do anything more than set her in the sunlight and feed her heaps. She had a rough time getting used to nursing (or I did...) and it was 4 weeks before I could feed her without wincing and crying. If anyone needs a support person for painful nursing - email me!
Oceana first rolled over at about 7 weeks. She forgot how to until about 4 months. She crawled around 6 months. Walked 3 days before 9 months. AK! She's been running ever since.

Her eyes changed from dark blue to bright blue, to greeny-gray, and now they're looking green or hazel. She's only just started to look like she's got hair in the last year.

Happy Birthay Pumpkin Pie. We love you!
- Mum and Dad
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Princess!

    Ali from NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Oceana! She has awesome eyes, Susie, really. She's just like her Dad, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday sweet Oceana,
    Happy Birthday to you!!

    Nicci in Bellingham, WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OCEANA!!!! :)
    Ok...gotta sing the song *HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR OCEANA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!***
    The big 2! I am guessing she got the terrible 2's out in 1 right? lol *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Oceana!!! What gorgeous eyes you have. This is the first picture that the color really shows true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Oceana- I miss you!

    Love, Samuel (your partner in crime)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUCH A PRETTY LITTLE GIRL!!

    ~Christy~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Oceana!
    I feel your pain on the breastfeeding issue. It was something I was completely unprepared for and cried through many nursings and had to stomp my foot through the intense pain. I even said to my husband I thought I would pop the baby's head off! UGH! It was HORRIBLE!
    I hope she has a glorious birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is gorgeous Susie & Matt, are youtwo the proud parents or what?
    Happy Birthday Oceana! You can see the beauty, wonder, & mischief in her eyes...those eyes. toodles- Sheila, NV

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Oceana!

    My niece is 2 today also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday sweetie, you are just beautiful. this is your day, enjoy it. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Oceana! Hugs and kisses from Gramma and Grampa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She has such lovely eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Oceana! :)

    Dana in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  15. ok, she really is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no lie,
    B-E-A-UUUUUUUU_-tiful!!!! anyways, happy special day to you girly, we reallllly miss you, you are a sparkle of bright sunshine!! Your parents are very very veryyyyyy lucky, n blessed.. We love you guys, looks like you had a great day! kiss from Miles to you Oshee!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at those eyes WOW! and now i am scared about my daughters hair. lol she will be a year in two weeks and shes pretty much still bald. oh well what can i do. Happy Birthday!

    Tiffany
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday! I hope that "two" is the fun-est year ever. (And who cares if "fun-est" really isn't a word! I'm a rebel and I know it :))

    Happy birth-day to you Susie! I think Mom's should get a hearty congratulations too! After all we did all the work :)

    -Andrea

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete