Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 37

All is well this morning. We are going to Tauranga for the first time, it's an hour away. I have a meeting for this conference (this weekend) and we need to do some shopping for the gift baskets. Joshua had a doctor's appointment, but they had an electrical storm yesterday - messing up some equiptment - so our appointment is moved to Friday.

We're watching Cinderella ... again ... we're up to once a day no. Hmm...

Cathy P. asked how do I burp him?
Good question! I usually lay him on my chest with his head and cele laying on my upper chest - so his head's nearly hitting my chin. That works best, but if he won't burp - I lay him on my lap (tummy-down). It's essentially the same. just w/ a bit of finesse.

And the recipe for the biscuits is simple:
It's buttermilk biscuits, but I rarely end up doing the buttermilk part.
2 c flour
1 t salt
1 t baking powder
2 T butter
1 c milk w/ 1 T vinegar
Let milk and vinegar stand a minute - this is quicky-buttermilk. Rub in butter with dry ingredients and add milk. Pat out on floured board, cut with a cutter (a plastic cup works well too). Yesterday I just cut them in squares to save time. Bake at 350F (180C) for 10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment