Friday, November 2, 2007

Care Package

This week we received a care package from the States, from a wonderful woman named Ellen B. - whom I have never had the priviledge of meeting, much less even talking to.
Several months ago when we first discovered that Joshua had his encephalocele, our friends Bryce & Christina T. made an announcement at their church, requesting prayer for him and our family. Soon afterwards, we began to see mail coming from Northern Virginia each week. Every weekend, when we arrived home from our DTS in Matamata a small pile of encouraging cards sat on our dresser from that week. One woman began to email us and asked if we'd like a care package.
I had forgotten that she'd even said that until I saw an enormous box in the kitchen the other morning when I got home from Mainly Music (that's a whole post in itself).

Inside we found, a hand-made quilt for Joshua. (When I say hand-made, I mean STITCHED BY HAND - EVERY INCH OF IT!)
A blue teddy bear for Joshua and a pink one for Oceana (not pictured because it's already a favorite and has wandered out of the box), a set of blue bibs (such a blessing because we didn't have any), and a set of blue flowered notecards.
And 10 boxes of Mac & Cheese, Spaghetti Classics, and Chef Boyardee Pizza Kits. (I must admit, I've never heard of the latter two, but bring on the boxed food Dude!)
And this gorgeous hand-made blanket for Oceana.

The Church blows me away sometimes.....

Thank you Ellen. We are blessed out of our socks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment