Thursday, December 16, 2010

Have a good laugh


A few weeks ago, I went with my best friend/adopted sister Melody so she could try on dresses for her wedding (next May). In case you need reminding, I am due June 12th. Her wedding is 2 weeks before her due date. And guess what?! I'm the matron of honor. If you need reminding what I look like in late pregnancy, please check here. Granted, it's not horrible. But it's not bridemaids territory.

Well, it is now. And how exactly do you measure for a gown that is meant to be much larger? You guess.

And you try on the pregnancy pillow they offer. And then ask for the 2nd one. I think the size is quite similar to my due date photo above. We went with a size that's about 4 sizes larger, that will fit my tummy, and I'll have to alter the back of it (take in the zipper at the top) depending on my shape my May.

But I thought you could use a good laugh this morning. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Love the dress, and you dont look funny at all, but I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty dress! And you look fine! You will look very pretty on that day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!!

    (I must be a terrible blog reader...I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee....I was once a super-pregnant bridesmaid. The groomsman that walked me down the aisle was terrified that my water would break halfway to the front of the church. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty dress!! I think you look adorable and I would have needed both pillows too!!

    ReplyDelete