Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wearing blue tomorrow morning

Joshua - had he remained with us - would have lived a life unlike his sisters. I often wonder what exactly our lives would have been like, had he stayed. I know it would have involved countless doctor's visits, never walking, never talking, and countless other things that I don't have to consider with Oceana or Naomi.

I would have done it - GLADLY - because we were so proud of him. We love him. He's ours.

So tomorrow, because I believe in this campaign, I'll be wearing blue.

Because the R-word shouldn't be heard from my lips. It won't be allowed in our household. If you're curious to read more, check out this blog post.

r-word.org


3 comments:

  1. I'll join you in that! My dad's sister had Downs syndrome & lived with us several times over my life...precious & loving...God's creation. She passed away 1 year ago & everyone misses her so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to my blog, Susie. I look forward to getting to know you by rooting around in your blog... All the best to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. My son is disable and I hate hearing that word!!

    X

    ReplyDelete